Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting signed on with a talent agency, possibly...

Yesterday I went and checked out this modeling/acting/talent agency called Craze Talent.  Same as last time.  I saw an ad online, filled out their thing a ma jig, got a call asking me to come in.  I went in.  They only differences were I think I made a better first impression this time and this agency looked slightly more promissing than the last.  The last agency I checked out, Urban Talent, never called me back.  I was told by them that if they were interested, they'd call back.  And they NEVER did!  Bummer!  Oh well!  With this one, Craze Talent, right the minute I walked in the door they were like, "You are gorgeous, you are cute, you are pretty.  We'd love to work with you!"  I filled out a sheet of paper with some of my basic info.  They gave me a business card and a pamphlet.  Told me they could get me signed on with dozens of modeling and acting projects almost instantly.  The jobs supposively pay well.  The only catch was that they want me to go get expensive professional photos to get my start, and they want me to go through specific people for my expensive photo shoot.  But no problem!  I recently took a T.A.L. class (transition into adult living) that D.C.F.S. made me do.  I'm supposed to be getting money from this class.  It should be enough to cover the cost of my photo shoot and then have some left over.  I decided that since I'm not really going to loose anything from this I'll do it!  The money is literally just being handed over to me, just for taking a stupid two-week long class, and the classes were only two hours long each.  My philosophy on matters like this is that if you never try, then it FOR SURE wont happen, but if you do try then there is a CHANCE that it will happen!  I think its worth a shot at least, since I've got nothing to loose, only things to gain from it.  The other really nice thing about it is that if shit hits the fan with this agency and it doesn't work out with them, well, then at least I've got my nice photos to show people and share, and start my portfolio, and I can use the photos for other places!  Not only that, but it'll be a great learning experience for me.  I'll keep y'all posted with how it goes with this agency! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment